Employment in the UAE is one of the most highly regulated sectors. This is due to the contribution and importance of foreign workers within the overall framework of UAE employment, including in the provision of professional and high skilled services. Understanding employment law is therefore a key business risk, which employers need to carefully manage for effective and smooth functioning of their businesses.
- Bespoke employment policies and staff handbook preparation
- Employment contracts for senior management, directors, middle management and staff
- Strategic and substantive advice on navigating terminations and redundancies
- Assistance with visa and immigration requirements and procedures
- Advice and representation for employees and employers in employment disputes
- Advocacy in employment cases before the DIFC Courts and before the specialist employment and general courts of the UAE, Kuwait and Bahrain
In employment related matters KBH and our head of dispute resolution, Bushra Ahmed, as lead Counsel have been the first firm and legal representatives in a number of leading and precedent setting decisions.
KBH’s employment clients include private companies, banks and financial institutions, and senior employees and managers. The firm acts for both claimants and defendants.