KBH offers a comprehensive range of services to clients who require corporate and/or general commercial advice. The strength of the firm lies in its international team of lawyers, who are experienced in multiple jurisdictions and provide innovative solutions to clients conducting business in the GCC and globally.
GCC countries offer a dual structure, allowing companies to incorporate in independently regulated tax free zones or as onshore businesses. KBH’s lawyers are experts in identifying and advising on the structures best suited to the needs of particular businesses, and in navigating the correct procedures and administrative and secretarial steps required in the circumstances.
More generally, KBH offers a “360” service in relation to all legal aspects of doing business in the UAE and the wider GCC market, including in matters of regulatory evaluation and compliance. The firm assists clients in meeting market entry requirements, in putting in place their optimum corporate and ownership structures, and in negotiating and concluding agreements with investors, customers and other core partners that will stand the test of time.
Recent examples of our corporate commercial work have included appointment on the Liquidation Committee of a high profile European financial institution, advising Saudi Arabian and Singaporean wealth management firms in setting up in the DIFC, and advising on all aspects of a complex corporate acquisition on behalf of the owner of a high end luxury brand vehicle distributorship in the GCC and worldwide.
KBH also regularly advises on:
- All aspects of the establishment and running of regulated businesses in DIFC
- The setting up investment vehicles and complex investment structures
- Joint ventures
- Mergers and acquisitions including management buyouts
- Distribution and franchise agreements
- Voluntary and involuntary liquidation within the DIFC
- Applications for DFSA category licenses
- Multi-jurisdiction restructuring
- Private equity platforms and transactions
- Private placements
- Structuring of investments in the UAE and the GCC
- Funds related regulatory and compliance work